Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail
Ad Ad is offline

Default Mail Merge and seperating individual documents

I am doing a mail merge and merging multiple addresses into one document to
create customized documents. At the end of the mail merge, I am left with one
master Word document - a list of all the customized documents. I need to
extract these individual documents and save them each as individual Word
documents. The only way I can think to do this is to take the master
document, delete all but one individual document and then save that one
document. I would have to do this over and over in order to save each
document individually. Is there an easier way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail
PJY PJY is offline

On your mail merge toolbar there is an option to merge to a new document -
you could select that option, then select current record and then save each
individually like that - however, not sure if it's that much easier than what
you already said

"AD" wrote:

I am doing a mail merge and merging multiple addresses into one document to
create customized documents. At the end of the mail merge, I am left with one
master Word document - a list of all the customized documents. I need to
extract these individual documents and save them each as individual Word
documents. The only way I can think to do this is to take the master
document, delete all but one individual document and then save that one
document. I would have to do this over and over in order to save each
document individually. Is there an easier way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail
Ad Ad is offline

Thanks, garfield, but I don't have admin rights on the pc so I wouldn't be
able to install anything.

AD wrote:
I am doing a mail merge and merging multiple addresses into one document to
create customized documents. At the end of the mail merge, I am left with one
master Word document - a list of all the customized documents. I need to
extract these individual documents and save them each as individual Word
documents. The only way I can think to do this is to take the master
document, delete all but one individual document and then save that one
document. I would have to do this over and over in order to save each
document individually. Is there an easier way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case contact whoever does have the rights and request that they add
it. It is ludicrous that you would have to merge one record at a time.

AD wrote:
I am doing a mail merge and merging multiple addresses into one
document to create customized documents. At the end of the mail
merge, I am left with one master Word document - a list of all the
customized documents. I need to extract these individual documents
and save them each as individual Word documents. The only way I can
think to do this is to take the master document, delete all but one
individual document and then save that one document. I would have
to do this over and over in order to save each document
individually. Is there an easier way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail

Not having Admin rights would not preclude you from using the methods
detailed or available from Graham's website.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

AD wrote:
I am doing a mail merge and merging multiple addresses into one
document to
create customized documents. At the end of the mail merge, I am left
with one
master Word document - a list of all the customized documents. I need
extract these individual documents and save them each as individual
Word
documents. The only way I can think to do this is to take the master
document, delete all but one individual document and then save that one
document. I would have to do this over and over in order to save each
document individually. Is there an easier way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mail
pr pr is offline

Another possible solution that we use is to create the master document then
convert it to pdf. Then use a prohgramme called pdf splitter which makes
each page a seperate document.