Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ann Ann is offline

Default Why is ctrl-return inserting two pages?

My office computer was recently upgraded to World 2007. I've adjusted,
except for one thing -- previously, ctrl-return inserted a new page. In 2007
it inserts two and moves the cursor to the second new page. I looked through
Button -- Word Options and the Help and didn't see an obvious customization
solution. Please advise!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The function should still only insert 1 page break.
If you start Word in its safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst starting and
positively acknowledge the ensuing prompt) does it still insert two pages?
If not there may be a problem with your normal template. Rename it to
oldnormal.dotm with Word closed.

"Ann" wrote in message
My office computer was recently upgraded to World 2007. I've adjusted,
except for one thing -- previously, ctrl-return inserted a new page. In
2007
it inserts two and moves the cursor to the second new page. I looked
through
Button -- Word Options and the Help and didn't see an obvious
customization
solution. Please advise!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ADavis ADavis is offline

It only inserts one page in sfe mode.

Now it's sometimes doing one, but usually doing two, and sometimes
after paste in a screen shot, it automatically adds another page.

Would you still suggest renaming the normal template? If so, where
would I find that to rename with Word closed?

Thank you!

"Ann" wrote in message
My office computer was recently upgraded to World 2007. I've adjusted,
except for one thing -- previously, ctrl-return inserted a new page. In
2007
it inserts two and moves the cursor to the second new page. I looked
through
Button -- Word Options and the Help and didn't see an obvious
customization
solution. Please advise!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In the circumstances I would recommend renaming the template.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your browser and you will be
taken to the folder that contains the default template - which for Word 2007
is normal.dotm. Note that this folder is normally hidden which is why you
could not find it by browsing.