Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarketingAficionado MarketingAficionado is offline

Default 2010 Beta-WORD.AppHang.Problem

Well I was loving the new Word 2010 Beta, when all of sudden after about 2
weeks I now have trouble constantly with it.

App hangs on FIRST use every time I open it.

Even if I open an existing (good docx in 2007), as soon as a click to type
something using Word 2010 Beta...screen --non-responding...goes
white...APPHANG message received..

Believe me when I tell you I pay close attention to processes...have new i7
turbo processor in my new Toshiba.

Word 2010 is giving me a head up--

Ideas?
--
ProfT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
miaosidea miaosidea is offline

hey, sounds you are a technique fans, hope I get it.
About what you mentioned, following could be the reasons:
Note: make sure no hardware changes.
1. Did you try save the existing good docx as doc, then open it to see
whether hangs or not? If still hang, it has nothing to compatibility
2. Does other family products such as onenote, ppt works fine? If they still
hit the hang, would you pls run services.msc to restart relative service,
then runas administrator to open the doc
3. Did you try debug, sounds you've got problems in installation stage and
license consumption failed at the first time app start (in user mode)

"MarketingAficionado" wrote:

Well I was loving the new Word 2010 Beta, when all of sudden after about 2
weeks I now have trouble constantly with it.

App hangs on FIRST use every time I open it.

Even if I open an existing (good docx in 2007), as soon as a click to type
something using Word 2010 Beta...screen --non-responding...goes
white...APPHANG message received..

Believe me when I tell you I pay close attention to processes...have new i7
turbo processor in my new Toshiba.

Word 2010 is giving me a head up--

Ideas?
--