Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KatCar57 KatCar57 is offline

Default How do I put logo with address info next to it?

I am trying to create a letterhead for my husband's business. It needs to
have our bear logo on the left & the address/phone/email info next to it (as
in, all across the top of the page). Every time I get the bear where I want
it, the address info won't go next to it. As you can tell, I am a complete
newbie to this stuff. I have MS Office 2003. I have looked at a lot of the
tutorials & some things in the knowledge base, but the seem to refer to
letterhead where the logo is at the top & the address info is at the bottom.
Any hep you way more knowledgeable folks could give a complete novice, would
be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"KatCar57" wrote in message
I am trying to create a letterhead for my husband's business. It needs to
have our bear logo on the left & the address/phone/email info next to it
(as
in, all across the top of the page). Every time I get the bear where I
want
it, the address info won't go next to it. As you can tell, I am a
complete
newbie to this stuff. I have MS Office 2003. I have looked at a lot of
the
tutorials & some things in the knowledge base, but the seem to refer to
letterhead where the logo is at the top & the address info is at the
bottom.
Any hep you way more knowledgeable folks could give a complete novice,
would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are several ways to approach this. The usually recommended way is to
change the "text wrapping" on the logo from In Line With Text (the default,
which treats the image as if it were a large font character) to Square,
which will permit you to put text next to it.

Unless you want to wrap the text very close to the image, however, you might
find it just as satisfactory to create a two-cell (borderless) and put the
logo in one cell and the text in the other. You can adjust the cell width as
desired. Note, however, that with this approach you will have an empty
paragraph below the table, but this will provide "breathing room" between
the letterhead and your text.

For more on creating letterheads, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm as Terry suggested.

http://word.mvps.org

"KatCar57" wrote in message
I am trying to create a letterhead for my husband's business. It needs to
have our bear logo on the left & the address/phone/email info next to it
(as
in, all across the top of the page). Every time I get the bear where I
want
it, the address info won't go next to it. As you can tell, I am a
complete
newbie to this stuff. I have MS Office 2003. I have looked at a lot of
the
tutorials & some things in the knowledge base, but the seem to refer to
letterhead where the logo is at the top & the address info is at the
bottom.
Any hep you way more knowledgeable folks could give a complete novice,
would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KatCar57 KatCar57 is offline

OK, I must just be stupid. I had read through your very nice info on
creating letterheads before I posted & couldn't find anything related
specifically to my problem. I can get the bear logo on the paper all day
long. I just can't figure out how to get the other info next to him. The
two-cell option sounds like a good notion, but I can't find where you do
that. Neither can I find where you chose
options on text-wrapping. We are talking I am a VERY new user. I keep
trying to take a class, but it keeps getting canceled for lack of folks
signed up. I am over 50, so computers weren't but a glimmer in the geek's
eye when I was in school!
Thanks for putting up with me!

"KatCar57" wrote in message
I am trying to create a letterhead for my husband's business. It needs to
have our bear logo on the left & the address/phone/email info next to it
(as
in, all across the top of the page). Every time I get the bear where I
want
it, the address info won't go next to it. As you can tell, I am a
complete
newbie to this stuff. I have MS Office 2003. I have looked at a lot of
the
tutorials & some things in the knowledge base, but the seem to refer to
letterhead where the logo is at the top & the address info is at the
bottom.
Any hep you way more knowledgeable folks could give a complete novice,
would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KatCar57 KatCar57 is offline

I did look through that document you have given the link for before I
posted. I try to figure things out for myself first, but didn't find what I
needed there.

"KatCar57" wrote in message
I am trying to create a letterhead for my husband's business. It needs to
have our bear logo on the left & the address/phone/email info next to it
(as
in, all across the top of the page). Every time I get the bear where I
want
it, the address info won't go next to it. As you can tell, I am a
complete
newbie to this stuff. I have MS Office 2003. I have looked at a lot of
the
tutorials & some things in the knowledge base, but the seem to refer to
letterhead where the logo is at the top & the address info is at the
bottom.
Any hep you way more knowledgeable folks could give a complete novice,
would
be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, it's hard to give very specific instructions because you haven't told
us what version of Word you have. If it's 2003 or earlier, then when you
click on the logo you'll get the floating Picture toolbar, which has a Text
Wrapping button (dog icon) that opens a menu from which you can choose a
different wrapping style. To insert a table, you can use the Insert Table
button on the Standard toolbar or Table | Insert | Table.

In Word 2007, when you click on the logo, the contextual Picture Tools |
Format tab will be displayed, and there's a Text Wrapping button in the
Arrange group. You can insert a table from the Insert tab.

The letterhead article doesn't address relative placement of graphics and
text because the way this is no different in headers and footers than it is
in the document body, and this would be the subject of another article. But
it does give other suggestions related to the creation of letterhead
templates.

FWIW, I am 65, and the closest thing I took to a computer course in school
was Personal Typing. I'm entirely self-taught, and most of what I know I've
learned here.

http://word.mvps.org

"KatCar57" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KatCar57 KatCar57 is offline

Thanks! I did put that I had MS Office 2003 in my original post, but I
didn't say Word 2003 specifically, I guess. I managed to keep fumbling
around & accidentally found something about word wrap & changed it from True
to False. Then I started playing with margins & such & eventually got it to
do what I wanted. I wish I could say because it was I had suddenly become
brilliant, but it was more accident than anything else. You have done what
I try to (emphasis on the "try"). I always work on it myself for awhile,
then I resort to reference books, then I look for someone who knows more than
I do. It is a wonderful thing folks like you do- answering questions on
message boards and maintaining FAQs to deal with some of us less-capable
sorts out here in cyberspace. I, for one, really appreciate it! Blessings
on you and all like you! Thanks a bunch..... Until the next time.
-Kathleen
Muskegon, MI

"KatCar57" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I think that Suzanne missed out a word that may help. She meant to say use a
two-column (borderless) TABLE. You then insert the graphic in the first cell
and the text in the adjacent cell. Does that help you?

Terry

"KatCar57" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're exactly right. I thought I had checked to see if you gave version
information, but obviously I didn't read far enough. Note that "word wrap"
has nothing to do with text wrapping, which has to do with how text is
wrapped around graphics. It ranges from not at all (the graphic is actually
part of the text, inline) to Square and Tight, which are ways of wrapping
text around the graphic, to In Front of Text and Behind Text, which allow
text and images to overlap.

http://word.mvps.org

"KatCar57" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes that was very late! That happens if I switch my PC to standby before all
the messages have finished sync'ing. When I wake it up next time, the
messages the complete but way later than originally intended.

Terry