SlikTek

Default Why does print preview have more spacing than outline view?

When I go to print preview to see how many pages my outline is, it has
everything double spaced so I can't really tell how many pages it really will
be. when I go to outline form it looks normal. When I print it prints
normal. I don't want to waste ink printing if I can fix print preview to
display the outline correctly.

When you print directly from Outline view, you are just printing the outline
as shown in that view (possibly without paragraph formatting). If you switch
to Print Preview, it shows what will print if you print from any other view,
say Print Layout view. If you are using Word's built-in heading styles to
create your outline, they have a certain amount of Space Before/After, which
will cause them to spread out on the page. You can modify the formatting of
these styles to be the same as Normal, but if you want them to be an
outline, you'll need to apply outline numbering.