Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Default How do I insert geometric symbols like arc AB in document

Suren,
You could try to use a field to do this. Insert - Field - click on Field
codes button - choose EQ field - click on options - choose the \O() switch.
In your document, press Alt+F9 to reveal the code, click between the two ()
and type AB, type 2233 and hit Alt+X which should insert the arc, select the
arc character and raise it using Format - Font - second tab - raise with a
few points. Possibly enlarge the point size of the character. If you need
this frequently, select and make it an AutoText entry.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

I want to insert various geometrical symbols like ARC AB ie. rotated
cama above AB . Please help

--
suren_chevli
suren_chevli's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4906

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert geometric symbols like arc AB in document

Hi Suren,

To insert geometric symbols like arc AB in your document, you can use the following steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. Choose "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" tab, choose "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  5. Scroll down until you find the symbol you want to insert, such as the arc symbol.
  6. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

If you need to use this symbol frequently, you can also create a shortcut key or AutoCorrect entry for it. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on "AutoCorrect Options" in the "AutoCorrect options" section.
  5. In the "Replace" field, type a shortcut key or abbreviation for the symbol, such as "arcAB".
  6. In the "With" field, type the symbol you want to insert, such as the arc symbol.
  7. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.

Now, whenever you type the shortcut key or abbreviation you created, Word will automatically replace it with the corresponding symbol.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
suren_chevli suren_chevli is offline

Thanks.