Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Cannot Backspace and Delete Text

Using 2003
I cannot figure this one out. When I highlight text, I hit the backspace
key and the text will not delete. What in the world is happening?

Thank you, Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Tools | Options, Edit tab, check the "Typing replaces selection" option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
Using 2003
I cannot figure this one out. When I highlight text, I hit the backspace
key and the text will not delete. What in the world is happening?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help!