Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Baran Baran is offline

Default Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20

Hello,

I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a
long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the
spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style
inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC
4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the
TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm
choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the
same. Single space here, 1.5 space there, 0.47 indent here and so on.

I would be grateful if someone could help.

Thanks,
Baran
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm for information that may
help you.
From your description, I think you have not modified the TOC Options that
assigned the Heading styles to the different TOC styles.
By default a Heading 1 is assigned to TOC 1, Heading 2 to TOC 2, etc.

Hope this helps
DeanH