Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rkr3

Default How do I show multiple document windows as tabs inside word 2003?

I was earlier able to show multiple opened documents (inside the Word 2003
window) as tabs at the bottom of the Word Window (near the status bar). After
a reinstall, I cannot find the option for doing this anywhere.

If I clear the "Windows in Taskbar" checkbox (inside options), the document
windows are only accessible through the 'Windows' menu item (at the top). If
I leave it checked, each document has its own tab in the Windows Taskbar. I
want one tab on the Windows Taskbar (for Word), and then multiple tabs (for
documents) inside the Word window.

How do I show multiple document windows as tabs inside word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Keep "Windows in Taskbar" checked in Word, and then use the setting in
Windows that aggregates windows from the same program on the same tab. I
don't have Windows XP, so I can't tell you exactly how to do this, but try
right-clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Properties; then explore the
options.

"rkr3" wrote in message
I was earlier able to show multiple opened documents (inside the Word 2003
window) as tabs at the bottom of the Word Window (near the status bar).

After
a reinstall, I cannot find the option for doing this anywhere.

If I clear the "Windows in Taskbar" checkbox (inside options), the

document
windows are only accessible through the 'Windows' menu item (at the top).

If
I leave it checked, each document has its own tab in the Windows Taskbar.

want one tab on the Windows Taskbar (for Word), and then multiple tabs

(for
documents) inside the Word window.

How do I show multiple document windows as tabs inside word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

With the Windows in taskbar option set and the taskbar property set to
'group similar taskbar buttons'. If only Word is open on screen, the taskbar
will show individual tabs on the taskbar *until* there are too many tabs for
the available space. Then it will aggregate them under a single tab. The
deciding factors are how many items are displayed in the system tray and how
many links you have on the Quick launch area and how many other applications
are open.
With the Windows in taskbar option unchecked, you get one taskbar tab for
Word and the other open documents are available only from the Window menu.
There are no tabs within Word - though with Windows in taskbar unchecked if
you set the documents to be windowed within the document area, you can
cascade several documents within Word.