Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph Talbott[_2_] Joseph Talbott[_2_] is offline

Default IncludeText Field Code

I am experimenting with creating a master document from several subdocuments
using the IncludeText code. So far, as long as I don't mess up the path, it
works well. My question is this: When I list each IncludeText field on a
separate line in the "master" document, the resulting imported text includes
the paragraph return at the end of the line with the field code and this
means that I end up with a double return between subdocuments. The only way I
have found to work around this is to, essentially, place all of the field
codes in the same paragraph. It works, but for a document with a lot of
subdocuments, it is very messy. I tried inserting a manual return at the end
of the field code but that messed up the style of the first line of the
following subdocument. Is there a way to place the each field code on a
separate line (paragraph?) without bringing in the extra return with the
imported text?