Jim Hansen

Default Problems with Word 2003 opening Document Template created in Word

I am having a VERY frustrating problem with Word 2003. We have a word
template to manage the format of word documents. The template was created in
Word 2000. Some of these documents are 12 months or older. They have been
revised many times and we maintain versions in Visual Source Safe. I am
talking about thousands of document.

We have had NO problems with this process with Office 2000. I am at Bank of
America. We are in the process of testing Office 2003. We have come up with
this really strange issue with Word 2003.

When I open one of these documents in Word 2003 the base BODY style suddenly
has bulleted paragraph as the default style making ALL paragraphs bulleted.
I can change the BODY style to NOT bulleted and the document looks great. I
save the document and close it. I then open the document again and the
bullets are back.

Anyone hear of such a thing?
--
Jim Hansen

Charles Kenyon

Tools Templates and Add-Ins...
Uncheck update styles.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jim Hansen" wrote in message
[...]

Jim Hansen

Charles thanks That did the trick. I had to change the BODY style to remove
the bullets, but I was able to save the changes.

Thanks,

Jim

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Tools Templates and Add-Ins...