Ron C.

Default How do I import Lotus Wordpro files into Microsoft WORD?

First time user of WORD (and Excel) and I need to import/convert LOTUS
Wordpro and LOTUS 123 files. I have not been able to import these file types.
Any help is appreciated.

Ron C.
garfield-n-odie

Word cannot import native-format Lotus WordPro files. If you still have
WordPro, use it to "save as" to Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf)
files, both of which Word can open. Or you might consider a third-party
conversion program such as Dataviz Conversions Plus (
http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...lus/index.html ).

Newer versions of Excel can open most Lotus 1-2-3 .wk3 and .wk4 files.
Older versions of Excel can open Lotus 1-2-3 .wk1 files.

Ron C. wrote:

First time user of WORD (and Excel) and I need to import/convert LOTUS
Wordpro and LOTUS 123 files. I have not been able to import these file types.
Any help is appreciated.

Ron C.

Joseph N.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:33:03 GMT, ?B?Um9uIEMu?= wrote:

First time user of WORD (and Excel) and I need to import/convert
LOTUS Wordpro and LOTUS 123 files. I have not been able to
import these file types. Any help is appreciated.

First thing is to figure out if you *really* need to convert them. If your use of those docs will be occasional, you'd be better off from a couple of perspectives to just keep SmartSuite on your system.

If, though, you truly need to import them, well, you'll have to get SmartSuite on your system, then, too. Once you do that--and version 9.8.0 can be had relatively inexpensively from resellers, although it's two versions behind the current release--you can download a little bulk converter for .lwp = .doc from the downloads section of xpertss.com

There are alternatives to accessing the data from a file or two, and if you post back I can elaborate, but if you have lots of files and need to convert them, the preceding is your only good option. And even then, be warned that some advanced LWP formatting may be lost or may not be supported in Word, such as divisions, paragraph borders coextensive with text, some outline autonumbering and indentation, etc.

I don't know about converting Excel files in bulk. You might see what there is on the Xpertss site, the Microsoft site, or in an Excel newsgroup. Or, if they're previous generation 1-2-3 files, with extension of .wk? (I think), Excel can open them without conversion. Excel just won't open the current generation of 1-2-3 files, with extension .123 If you have SmartSuite, of course, you can convert them to an earlier version or to Excel's format; it's just the bulk conversion question I cannot answer.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Joseph N.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:35:56 GMT, Joseph N. wrote:

--and version 9.8.0 can be had relatively inexpensively from
resellers, although it's two versions behind the current release

I might have misstated this a bit: Version 9.8 is the current
release, but there have been two Fixpacks issued since the initial
release of 9.8.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 08:49 PM