Dr. Therm

Default Deleting sections

How do I delete a highlighted section by striking one key? I used to be able
to do this but can't now.

Are you referring to a section break? If you're using the Delete key and it
doesn't work, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...DeleteText.htm
for one possible answer.

"Dr. Therm" Dr. wrote in message
How do I delete a highlighted section by striking one key? I used to be

able
to do this but can't now.

Dr. Therm

Thanks Suzanne, but my problem is, I used to highlight a section and then
just begin typing and it would delete--without striking delete or backspace.
But now it doesn't happen and I'm always inserting a new word-or more-before
I notice that the section wasn't deleted. It used to work with tab too, but
that doesn't work now either.
Thanks again.
jc

"Dr. Therm" Dr. wrote in message
How do I delete a highlighted section by striking one key? I used to be

able
to do this but can't now.

Jay Freedman

In Tools Options Edit, check the box for "Typing replaces selection".

You confused us because Word uses "section" to mean specifically the portion
of a document between two section breaks. When some arbitrary text is
highlighted, that's a "selection". Maybe Microsoft should have made up new
names instead of giving special meanings to ordinary words. :-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you referring to a section break? If you're using the Delete key
and it doesn't work, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...DeleteText.htm for one
possible answer.

newsgroup so all may benefit.