Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727

Default MS Word - what is latest version?

Hi - I have Word 2000 which came packaged with Works 6. I am thinking about
upgrading to Works 2006. It appears that Word 2002 is the latest version to
be packaged with Works 6.

Question: Is Word 2002 the latest version of Word, or is there a newer
version?

I understand that a new version of Word will be released in 2007.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale

Word 2003 is the latest version. Incidentally the Word that is packaged with
Works is not actually the same as the one in Microsoft Office.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Word 2000 which came packaged with Works 6. I am thinking about
upgrading to Works 2006. It appears that Word 2002 is the latest version to
be packaged with Works 6.

Question: Is Word 2002 the latest version of Word, or is there a newer
version?

I understand that a new version of Word will be released in 2007.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

2003 is the latest but Works Suite now uses the "next to latest" version.
Yes, there will be a new version next year ... but I'm going to wait for a
little while. I don't have the patience to deal with learning how to deal
with the new interface plus any program issues that will occur.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I have Word 2000 which came packaged with Works 6. I am thinking
about upgrading to Works 2006. It appears that Word 2002 is the latest
version to be packaged with Works 6.

Question: Is Word 2002 the latest version of Word, or is there a newer
version?

I understand that a new version of Word will be released in 2007.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727

What is different? I've used Word 2000 that comes with Office and it
doesn't look any different than Word 2000 that came with Works.

Joe

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Word 2000 which came packaged with Works 6. I am thinking
about
upgrading to Works 2006. It appears that Word 2002 is the latest version
be packaged with Works 6.

Question: Is Word 2002 the latest version of Word, or is there a newer
version?

I understand that a new version of Word will be released in 2007.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's the same.
what is different is the version, not the features.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Word 2000 which came packaged with Works 6. I am thinking
about
upgrading to Works 2006. It appears that Word 2002 is the latest
version to
be packaged with Works 6.

Question: Is Word 2002 the latest version of Word, or is there a newer
version?

I understand that a new version of Word will be released in 2007.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon

Joe727 wrote:
Thanks, I thought so. The statement that they're different is from a
CDO posting noob

They're not ALL noobs - some do it because they are behind a corporate
firewall.......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727

"Gordon" wrote in message
Joe727 wrote:
Thanks, I thought so. The statement that they're different is from a
CDO posting noob

They're not ALL noobs - some do it because they are behind a corporate
firewall.......

Then those noobs who don't know what they are talking about shouldn't be
posting on non-business-related newsgroups when they are on the company
clock.

Joe