Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jorge Bravo Jorge Bravo is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta - Line spacing

Word seems to configured to space at 1.15 and "Add space after paragraph".

Although this is easy to change anytime, I don't see any way of configuring
it any other way so that I get 1.00 line spacing and no space after
paragraph.

Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

You need to use the Format, Paragraph dialog - exactly the same as previous
version. Just click the ridiculously undersized arrow to the right of the
word PARAGRAPH on the ribbon.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Jorge Bravo" wrote in message
Word seems to configured to space at 1.15 and "Add space after paragraph".

Although this is easy to change anytime, I don't see any way of
configuring it any other way so that I get 1.00 line spacing and no space
after paragraph.

Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

One way is to go back to the settings used in Word 2003 and earlier.
In the Home ribbon, click the Change Styles button, click "Style set",
and choose Traditional. To make this the style set for the Normal.dot
template (i.e., for all new blank documents), click Change Styles
again and click Set as Default.

If all you want is to change the line spacing and space after in the
current style set, right-click the Normal style button in the ribbon
and choose Modify. In that dialog, click Format Paragraph. Make the
changes. On the way out, if you want this to be the default, click the
option button "New documents based on this template" in the Modify
dialog. You may want to repeat this for other styles that aren't
directly based on Normal style.

Finally, you can save any set of altered styles by clicking Change
Styles Style Set Save as Quick Style Set.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:28:10 +0200, "Jorge Bravo"
wrote:

Word seems to configured to space at 1.15 and "Add space after paragraph".

Although this is easy to change anytime, I don't see any way of configuring
it any other way so that I get 1.00 line spacing and no space after
paragraph.

Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Boetger Ron Boetger is offline

Does this work for Outlook also?

Thanks

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:04:15 -0400, Jay Freedman
wrote:

One way is to go back to the settings used in Word 2003 and earlier.
In the Home ribbon, click the Change Styles button, click "Style set",
and choose Traditional. To make this the style set for the Normal.dot
template (i.e., for all new blank documents), click Change Styles
again and click Set as Default.

If all you want is to change the line spacing and space after in the
current style set, right-click the Normal style button in the ribbon
and choose Modify. In that dialog, click Format Paragraph. Make the
changes. On the way out, if you want this to be the default, click the
option button "New documents based on this template" in the Modify
dialog. You may want to repeat this for other styles that aren't
directly based on Normal style.

Finally, you can save any set of altered styles by clicking Change
Styles Style Set Save as Quick Style Set.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, it does. There are two slight differences:

- In the Outlook mail editor, the styles are on the Format Text ribbon
instead of the Home ribbon.

- The template for new mail messages is NormalEmail.dotm instead of
the Normal.dotm used by Word. That means you have to make the change
in both places separately.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

One way is to go back to the settings used in Word 2003 and earlier.
In the Home ribbon, click the Change Styles button, click "Style set",
and choose Traditional. To make this the style set for the Normal.dot
template (i.e., for all new blank documents), click Change Styles
again and click Set as Default.

If all you want is to change the line spacing and space after in the
current style set, right-click the Normal style button in the ribbon
and choose Modify. In that dialog, click Format Paragraph. Make the
changes. On the way out, if you want this to be the default, click the
option button "New documents based on this template" in the Modify
dialog. You may want to repeat this for other styles that aren't
directly based on Normal style.

Finally, you can save any set of altered styles by clicking Change
Styles Style Set Save as Quick Style Set.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Jay,

To get single spacing you can also used the 2007 MS provided
"Office Word 2003 Look" template (File(button)=New=Installed templates) for new documents to get 'single' spacing and some older
style defaults, and then keep the 'blank document' choice with its defaults.

=============
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message ...
Yes, it does. There are two slight differences:

- In the Outlook mail editor, the styles are on the Format Text ribbon
instead of the Home ribbon.

- The template for new mail messages is NormalEmail.dotm instead of
the Normal.dotm used by Word. That means you have to make the change
in both places separately.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System Beta

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hi Bob,

Hmm. I looked in the Installed Templates section of the dialog and didn't
find an Office Word 2003 Look template or anything remotely like it. I'm
away from that machine now, but I'll check the installer tonight to see if
it loaded everything.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Jay,

Interesting. After installing Office 2007 Gold the template
Office Word 2003 Look.dotx is in the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1003 folder dated with the 10/26/2006 stamp. In the
Cab file & \MSOCache it's Wordlook.dot_1033.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM