Tracym

Default Letter Wizard

I am trying to customize a letter that I often have to change certin peices
of the content. I am trying to find a option like letter wizard to work with.
When useing letter wizard I noticed it only lets you change certin feilds ex.
address, sender etc. I need to change additional information throughout my
document on a regular basic.
I have used mail merge, but I do not want to have to have an excel
spreadsheet with all of the information. I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003
Thanks
Beth Melton

The fields you see in the Letter Wizard are created using AutoText
that is associated with a specific style.

You can add the same ability by inserting AutoTextList fields for
those areas where your information will change. Once they are inserted
it's just a matter of right-clicking the field and selecting the text.

For more on how to create an AutoTextList field take a look at this
article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Tracym" wrote in message
news
I am trying to customize a letter that I often have to change certin
peices
of the content. I am trying to find a option like letter wizard to
work with.
When useing letter wizard I noticed it only lets you change certin
feilds ex.
address, sender etc. I need to change additional information
throughout my
document on a regular basic.
I have used mail merge, but I do not want to have to have an excel
spreadsheet with all of the information. I am using Microsoft Office
Word 2003
Thanks

legal pleadings wizard template issue Ailya Microsoft Word Help 5 December 2nd 04 12:32 AM
How do I insert Excel data into a Word Letter? DirkWestphal Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 10:09 PM
chart wizard mung Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 05:18 AM
Web Wizard Lucky Lady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 27th 04 01:02 AM
how do i add a template to the letter wizard in outlook? Mark Microsoft Word Help 3 November 25th 04 01:09 AM