Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Budmischief Budmischief is offline

Default How can I view page breaks in draft mode (2007)

Prior to 2007, page breaks were clearly shown in normal (draft) view. Now
they only appear if paragraph markers are turned on. Is this configurable as
it's not easy to edit in draft if you cannot clearly see your page breaks?
Popping in and out of preview is annoying too. Can't think why it's been
changed :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Budmischief Budmischief is offline

After about half an hour of editing, my page breaks suddenly re-appeared as
if by magic. Either I accidentally solved the problem or, more likely, it
looks like a bug, in which case roll on the service pack.

Unfortunately I wasted a lot of time on chasing this around.

Thanks for the support.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, no, there doesn't seem to be any way to change this, and I
agree it was a bad decision.

"Budmischief" wrote in message
Prior to 2007, page breaks were clearly shown in normal (draft) view. Now
they only appear if paragraph markers are turned on. Is this configurable

as
it's not easy to edit in draft if you cannot clearly see your page breaks?
Popping in and out of preview is annoying too. Can't think why it's been
changed :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I think it might be a bug since automatic page breaks display. If the reason
you prefer to use Draft view is to suppress the margins, then place your
mouse pointer between two pages and double-click to suppress the white
space, use the same process to redisplay white space. (I stopped using
Normal/Draft view once they introduced this functionality.)

Otherwise, perhaps turning on the formatting marks (paragraph marks) would
work better than switching to Print Preview?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word