Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveH SteveH is offline

Default Font issue

Hello

I have Word 2000 (Win XP machine) and I wish to be able to type a couple of
verses in an Icelandic font (without the special characters it would simply
not read as it ought to).

How would I go about searching for such a font and then incorporate it into
what I already have?

Many thanks.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have little knowledge of Icelandic, but I would have thought that any of
the unicode fonts with the extended character set would have these
characters eg Times New Roman. Certainly translations from the internet
appear to be displayed correctly when using such a font. You can make things
easier by setting up an Icelandic keyboard under Windows Regional Settings.
Set this as the active keyboard in Word and and use the on screen keyboard
to illustrate the special key positions.

SteveH wrote:
Hello

I have Word 2000 (Win XP machine) and I wish to be able to type a
couple of verses in an Icelandic font (without the special characters
it would simply not read as it ought to).

How would I go about searching for such a font and then incorporate
it into what I already have?

Many thanks.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveH SteveH is offline

Hello Graham

Thanks for getting back to me.

There are one or two characters which I cannot see under Insert | Symbol in
Word 2000.

If I set up an Icelandic keyboard as you suggest, and type what I need, can
I then change it back to UK settings without much trouble?

Many thanks.

Steve

SteveH wrote:
Hello

I have Word 2000 (Win XP machine) and I wish to be able to type a
couple of verses in an Icelandic font (without the special characters
it would simply not read as it ought to).

How would I go about searching for such a font and then incorporate
it into what I already have?

Many thanks.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no problem using multiple keyboard layouts. You can switch them
from the Windows language toolbar or by keyboard shortcut. As I live in a
Greek speaking country I have UK and Greek layouts on my PC.

If you install the Word 2007 compatibility pack, you will get the latest
unicode fonts such as Calibri, which have an even greater range of
characters than earlier fonts.

Font Issue Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 07 06:17 PM
font issue jfs Microsoft Word Help 3 February 1st 07 12:13 PM
Times New Roman Font Issue a_ryan1972 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 06 07:58 PM
font issue sigm Microsoft Word Help 0 February 22nd 06 05:40 PM
Code-39 Font issue Ryan C. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 06 10:57 PM