Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice novice is offline

Default EnvelopeExtra1 in Word 2007?

I used Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect to add EnvelopeExtra1 as I have
done in previous versions of Word. When I chose "omit" in the Envelope window
for return address, nothing was printed on my Envelope. Any suggestions?

Also, I followed directions to add my Address Book on the Quick Access
toolbar and when I try using the Address Book in the Envelope window OR the
normal Word Window, my computer freezes and restarts Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:06:16 -0700, Novice
wrote:

I used Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect to add EnvelopeExtra1 as I have
done in previous versions of Word. When I chose "omit" in the Envelope window
for return address, nothing was printed on my Envelope. Any suggestions?

Also, I followed directions to add my Address Book on the Quick Access
toolbar and when I try using the Address Book in the Envelope window OR the
normal Word Window, my computer freezes and restarts Word.

Word Options Proofing AutoCorrect is the wrong place. You need to
create EnvelopeExtra1 as an AutoText entry by selecting the entry,
pressing Alt+F3, and assigning the name and the AutoText gallery in
the resulting dialog. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Re address book - is Outlook your default e-mail application?
See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice novice is offline

Yes, Graham, I use Word 2007 as my default e-mail application. Also, my OS is
Vista Home Premium. Word only "crashes" when I click on the Outlook Address
Book while I am in the Word window or in the envelope window. Using the
Address Book in Outlook is no problem.