Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ncahill@ppc.com is offline

Default Styles in 2007

Thanks for any help:
Can't figure out how to type in style name in Word 2007. I know you
can drop down the style list and select, but in Word 2003 I got used
to giving my styles little short names so I could type them quickly
into the combo-dropdown list box, rather than opening the "AA" style
list, searching for my style, and selecting it. Any hints?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can also type style names directly (as well as create style aliases)
using the Apply Styles box (Ctrl+Shift+S). Unfortunately, it is persistent,
and you have to tell it to go away. The advantage of the Apply Styles pane,
however, is that it offers a couple of additional options (such as Modify
and the ability to turn on/off AutoComplete of style names.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
wrote:
Thanks for any help:
Can't figure out how to type in style name in Word 2007. I know you
can drop down the style list and select, but in Word 2003 I got used
to giving my styles little short names so I could type them quickly
into the combo-dropdown list box, rather than opening the "AA" style
list, searching for my style, and selecting it. Any hints?

That listbox is still available, it just isn't visible anywhere by
default. You can add it to your Quick Access Toolbar.

Go to Office button Word Options Customize. Set the category dropdown
to "Commands Not in the Ribbon". Select the Style entry -- when you hover
over it, the tooltip says "Style (StyleGalleryClassic)". Click the Add
button and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Styles 2007 candy100 Microsoft Word Help 4 June 14th 07 10:06 PM
2007 Styles View PastorEd Microsoft Word Help 2 May 27th 07 07:04 PM
Table styles, new in 2007 Chris Orr Tables 1 February 6th 07 12:53 PM
Word 2007 Styles Chipper Page Layout 2 January 21st 07 08:01 PM
Word 2007 - styles combo-box add-in (Office 2007 COM Add-In UI customization example) Patrick Schmid Microsoft Word Help 9 August 31st 06 11:03 AM