Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
external usenet poster

Default winword.exe will not default to open .doc files

So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the 'winword /r' trick to no avail...setting protocol defaults, doing 'open with...', but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why but its only with .doc files...any help? It is currently defaulting to microsoft works word processor (ew)..Thanks for any help

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.newusers/