Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Attaway Tim Attaway is offline

Default Table of Contents When Saving Word Document as Web Page

I have two different documents that both contain a Word-generated Table of
Contents. I save them both as Web pages. After I save them as web pages, in
one of them, the table of contents contains hyperlinks to the associated
sections of the document. In the other, the table of contents contains no
hyperlinks. What controls this? I'd really like the hyperlinks to be there
for both of them but I haven't figured out what turns them on or off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The \h switch in the TOC field is what controls this, in combination with
the \z switch, which determines whether or not page numbers (and leaders, if
any) are shown in Web Layout view. See the Help topic "Field codes: TOC
(Table of Contents) field" and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm