Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

Default linking

excel is source when I build a word doc. how can I link or tie it to a cell
in excel so it stays with that cell when sorting.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q3VydA==?=,

excel is source when I build a word doc. how can I link or tie it to a cell
in excel so it stays with that cell when sorting.

Could you elaborate on your question, please? And include the version of
Office involved? I'm having real problems understanding what it is you want to
do...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

I have a excel sheet 1 That has a heading description useing 2000. I want to
creat a word doc for this column. Have a mail merge 3X5 template that I want
to use. Want to tie the word doc to the row in excel. Each row will have a
different description document. Multiple entries in sheet 1. These arrive at
different times and will need to be sorted. Can the word doc have a idenifer
that will keep it with the row created in when sorting in excel. Hope i
cleared some of the mud.
Thanks for help

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q3VydA==?=,

excel is source when I build a word doc. how can I link or tie it to a cell
in excel so it stays with that cell when sorting.

Could you elaborate on your question, please? And include the version of
Office involved? I'm having real problems understanding what it is you want to
do...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think that all you did was stir it.

Please provide a more detailed explanation with an example of the data, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Curt" wrote in message
news
I have a excel sheet 1 That has a heading description useing 2000. I want
creat a word doc for this column. Have a mail merge 3X5 template that I
want
to use. Want to tie the word doc to the row in excel. Each row will have a
different description document. Multiple entries in sheet 1. These arrive
at
different times and will need to be sorted. Can the word doc have a
idenifer
that will keep it with the row created in when sorting in excel. Hope i
cleared some of the mud.
Thanks for help

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q3VydA==?=,

excel is source when I build a word doc. how can I link or tie it to a
cell
in excel so it stays with that cell when sorting.

Could you elaborate on your question, please? And include the version of
Office involved? I'm having real problems understanding what it is you
want to
do...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

Got a blip in code now Got first problem cleared will insert code
Sub GetWordDocument()
Dim wordDoc As Word.Document
'
'Get the Word document object
'
Application.StatusBar = "Getting Word Document object..."
Set wordDoc = GetObject("Word 3x5.doc", "Word.doc")
Application.StatusBar = "Getting Word 3x5..."
MsgBox wordDoc.Name & " has " & wordDoc.Words.word3x5 & "words."
'
'We're done, so quit Word and release object variable
'
Application.StatusBar = "Shutting Down Word..."
wordDoc.Application.Quit
Set wordDoc = Nothing
Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub
Thanks to all for help

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I think that all you did was stir it.

Please provide a more detailed explanation with an example of the data, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Curt" wrote in message
news
I have a excel sheet 1 That has a heading description useing 2000. I want
creat a word doc for this column. Have a mail merge 3X5 template that I
want
to use. Want to tie the word doc to the row in excel. Each row will have a
different description document. Multiple entries in sheet 1. These arrive
at
different times and will need to be sorted. Can the word doc have a
idenifer
that will keep it with the row created in when sorting in excel. Hope i
cleared some of the mud.
Thanks for help

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q3VydA==?=,

excel is source when I build a word doc. how can I link or tie it to a
cell
in excel so it stays with that cell when sorting.

Could you elaborate on your question, please? And include the version of
Office involved? I'm having real problems understanding what it is you
want to
do...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Curt Curt is offline

got it to work thanks for reply

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I think that all you did was stir it.

Please provide a more detailed explanation with an example of the data, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Curt" wrote in message
news
I have a excel sheet 1 That has a heading description useing 2000. I want
creat a word doc for this column. Have a mail merge 3X5 template that I
want
to use. Want to tie the word doc to the row in excel. Each row will have a
different description document. Multiple entries in sheet 1. These arrive
at
different times and will need to be sorted. Can the word doc have a
idenifer
that will keep it with the row created in when sorting in excel. Hope i
cleared some of the mud.
Thanks for help

Hi ?B?Q3VydA==?=,