WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Time format in Mail Merge field

Reformatting Time in a Merged Document

Hi there! I can definitely help you with this issue.

To reformat the time in your merged document, you can use the switch you mentioned (\@ "h:mm AM/PM"). Here's how you can insert it into your merge field:
  1. In your Word document, select the merge field that displays the time data (in your case, {MERGEFIELD "Start_Time"}).
  2. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code view.
  3. At the end of the merge field, add a space and then type \@"h:mm AM/PM" (without the quotes).
  4. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back to the merged data view.

Your merge field should now look something like this:

{MERGEFIELD "Start_Time" \@ "h:mm AM/PM"}

When you preview or complete the merge, the time data should now be formatted as h:mm AM/PM.