Kevin L.

Default Labels - Word vs WordPerfect

We have been using WordPerfect to print labels. In WordPerfect I can tell it
which label on the sheet I want it to print. So far in Word I can only get it
to print the entire sheet? The information on the label only slightly changes.

Can I print the second label on the second row in Word without doing an on
the fly label which requires me to enter the data in every time?
Jay Freedman

Kevin L. wrote:
We have been using WordPerfect to print labels. In WordPerfect I can
tell it which label on the sheet I want it to print. So far in Word I
can only get it to print the entire sheet? The information on the
label only slightly changes.

Can I print the second label on the second row in Word without doing
an on the fly label which requires me to enter the data in every time?

Use the Label dialog to select the correct label stock. Leave the Address
box empty and click the New Document button. This creates a 1-page document
containing a table, with one cell per label. (If you don't see the table,
click Table Show Gridlines.)

Save that document to disk. When you want one or a few labels in specific
places, enter that information in the corresponding table cell. You can use
Save As to save that information for re-use. Alternatively, you can save the
"empty" document as a template, which you can then select in the File New
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Kevin L.

This is not as friendly as WordPerfect.

Thanks for the reply.
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Kevin

I am with you all of the way.. WP was brilliant for doing labels, and the
templates were better and more easily customizable..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Kevin L." wrote in message

This is not as friendly as WordPerfect.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

JR

Corel WP 7 was a perfect joy to use.. I would still if it was XP
compatible.. WP 5.2 and version 6 variants were not too good.. WP attempts
to convert to Windows versions looked like DOS versions that had been
'windowed'.. lol..

I turned over to MS Office after WP 7 because, ultimately, MS Office is more
compatible with the rest of the world.. I just wish that the MS Office
developers would look at WP7 and Lotus WordPro too, and try to incorporate
all of the best features of all of them into one good, easy to use suite..

I accept that MS would have to be careful, as other companies have a history
of bringing lawsuits against MS..

--

"JR" onejmATcomcast.net wrote in message
Unfortunately though, since being taken over by Novell and Corel, WP [just
like the old gray mare] just aint whjat it used to be
John

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
Kevin

I am with you all of the way.. WP was brilliant for doing labels, and the
templates were better and more easily customizable..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
kept it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Kevin L." wrote in message

This is not as friendly as WordPerfect.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Doesn't WP7 work with W2K either?.. when I first tried WP7, I was a little
unsure about it.. it was not long before I realized just how good it was..
the basic templates were good and the options for customizing were amazing..
re. labels, it was all so easy.. it seemed to have all of the features that
anybody would want, yet didn't feel clogged like MS Word and WordPro do..
another good feature was WordPerfect graphics..

Having said that, I did get used to Wordpro context sensitive popup boxes,
and they did allow for a huge amount of changes that could be made.. add to
that WordPro's ability to read almost any file generated by almost anything
else, and in its way, it was a winner too..

The one thing that MS Office has going for it is compatibility with over 90%
of all word processor users, hence my using MSO exclusively now.. I just
wish that MS would look at some of the other stuff available, and find some
way to add in features that would not incite lawsuits..

For labels, I use Avery DesignPro (free version).. this mail merge crap in
MSO to produce a sheet of labels does not appeal to me at all..

R.I.P WordPerfect 7.. gone but not forgotten..

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I wish WP 7 would run on W2k just so I could continue to offer tech support
to my husband who still prefers WP. OTOH, not having any version installed
gives me an easy out. g

so
all may benefit.

"Kevin L." wrote in message

This is not as friendly as WordPerfect.

Thanks for the reply.

The version of WP7 I have was for Windows 95 and doesn't run on "NT" (which
W2k is). I'm sure there are probably "NT" versions that would run on it.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.