Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JBACinti JBACinti is offline

Default Changes in columns from page to page

I have a documents created in Word 97 and now in Word 2003. They have 2
columns (It's a cookbook.) and I insert column breaks at the end of a recipe
to force a complete recipe to start at the top of a column. On one
particular document, I inserted a break at the bottom of column 2 on page 20
and the recipe pasted in column 1 of page 21 centered the recipe over both
columns. The recipe is only about 24 lines of text. I've checked
formatting, styles, page layout and anything else I can think of above and in
other supposedly identical documents. I've created a template that I use for
each of the various documents. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sounds like there's a section break in there somewhere instead of a column
break, with the section formatted as one column.

http://word.mvps.org