Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SLEE SLEE is offline

Default Checkbox form field

I copied checkboxes and text fields from someone else's document. They work
as they should in the original document, but in my new document they look
fine but don't work. For example, my checkboxes dont' toggle back and forth
with a click. Nothing happens when I click on the box. I checked properties
and all looked fine except there's a field for "run macro on" and it's empty.
I don't know if that matters? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SLEE SLEE is offline

I haven't. But I tried protecting it and then checked to see if things were
working and I had the same problem.

"SLEE" wrote:

I copied checkboxes and text fields from someone else's document. They work
as they should in the original document, but in my new document they look
fine but don't work. For example, my checkboxes dont' toggle back and forth
with a click. Nothing happens when I click on the box. I checked properties
and all looked fine except there's a field for "run macro on" and it's empty.
I don't know if that matters? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SLEE SLEE is offline

I'd be willing to send the document to you if you're willing to receive it? I
appreciate your help.

"SLEE" wrote:

I copied checkboxes and text fields from someone else's document. They work
as they should in the original document, but in my new document they look
fine but don't work. For example, my checkboxes dont' toggle back and forth
with a click. Nothing happens when I click on the box. I checked properties
and all looked fine except there's a field for "run macro on" and it's empty.
I don't know if that matters? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SLEE SLEE is offline

I figured it out from your original question -- I was putting security on it
using different methods, but then realized I needed to select the little icon
that looks like a lock on the forms tool bar and then my forms starting
working. Thanks for your help!