Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Meinert Meinert is offline

Default How do I use line numbering but not have it show on print?

I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Meinert wrote:
I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material.

Go into the Page Setup dialog and turn off line numbering before you print.
If you want it, turn the numbering on again afterward.

To automate this, install the following macros in your Normal template (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed):

Sub FilePrint()
' intercepts built-in File Print or Ctrl+P
' and prints without line numbering
Dim userLineNum As Boolean

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup.LineNumbering
userLineNum = .Active
.Active = False
Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
.Active = userLineNum
End With
End Sub

Sub FilePrintDefault()
' intercepts built-in Print toolbar button
' and prints without line numbering
Dim userLineNum As Boolean

With ActiveDocument.PageSetup.LineNumbering
userLineNum = .Active
.Active = False
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False
.Active = userLineNum
End With
End Sub

--