Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Guy Delaney Guy Delaney is offline

Default Print mail merge of 3X5 cards

I would like to print names and addresses on 3"X5" cards. Avery has 5388
3"X5" Index Card as one of its standard formats. Now I do not want to use
the perforated 3"X5" Avery Index Cards, because they are too expensive.
Instead, I would like to hand feed single 3"X5" cards into my printer. When
I try to print this way, I have to insert my 3"X5" cards into my printer
short side first, that is the 3" edge. When the printed card comes out, the
text is printed in Landscape, that is parallel to the 5" edge. How can I
accomplish what I want to?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If neither portrait nor landscape layout works, try...
a. imagine that the printer is really loading a standard-sized page
(typically Letter or A4)
b. work out which part of the page would print on the card (e.g. the card
could load so it looks as if it's at the top left hand side of the page, or
it might load so it's in the middle of the page at the top
c. create your mailmerge main document as letter (or A4), and lay out the
text and fields so that they print in the part of the "page" that
corresponds to your card. You can probably do that by creating a table and
adjusting one cell so that it's in the right position on the page.

Peter Jamieson