Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Default HTML E-mail Merge Problems

I've had a hard time creating html e-mail merges with Office 2003
(Professional Version w.Business Contact Manager). When I tried using
Publisher, the program didn't give an e-mail merge option. I then tried
opening the document that I created in Word and it looked crazy. For
instance, objects that were in text boxes were pushed down and ended up
overlapping. Some parts (both pictures and text).

When I tried creating the document in Word from scratch, I was able to save
the file as a web page and do the e-mail merge in conjunction with Outlook
2003
however, the pictures that were used as the background had small dots all
over them. Which was NOT the look I was going for. I have a feeling that I
am missing something that is so simple that I should pluck myself. LoL! All
help in resolving these issues is GREATLY appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As you have no control over how the recipient will view the email (most
astute users will have their mail program set to read in plain text) you may
be banging your head up against a wall trying to Email Merge in HTML Format.
To ensure that your recipients see what you intend, it is better to send a
..pdf file.

The addin I have written that you can get from fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

can be used to create individual .pdf files with a filename taken from a
field in the data source. Then you can use the information in the article
"Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

to send the .pdf files to each recipient
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Renee B." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'd go along with Doug, but if you have to use HTML you should explore the
optios in Word Tools|Options|General|"Web options" - they may, however, only
have an effect if you are saving your HTML file then e-mailing it, rather
than merging direct to e-mail.

Peter Jamieson
"Renee B." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Why, pray tell, do you believe that most 'astute' users will have their
program to read in plain text?

"Renee B." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Thanks Doug. That was helpful. I'll definitely take a look into alternatives
such as the one you mentioned.