Al

Default Losing Font formatting when reapplying style??

Must I lose Font formatting when reapplying style??

I have superscripts (exponents). When I change style of the paragraph from
Normal to Text they remain. However, if I reapply Text style to the
paragraph, the superscripts become normal text. This occurs on the second
application of all styles EXCEPT Normal. Reapplying Normal retains the
superscripts. How do I make the other styles act like this and not lose
character formatting when reapplied?

I am using Word 2002

Klaus Linke

Hi Al,

"Text" isn't a built.in style. If you loose the superscripts when you =
(re)apply it, it's probably a character style?

Character styles have an =AA to the right of the style name, paragraph =
styles a =B6.

If you don't want to loose the superscript formatting, don't apply =
character styles to them. Paragraph styles like "Normal" are fine.

Not sure why you see a difference between the first time you apply the =
style and the second. That should not matter.

Regards,
Klaus

"Al" wrote:
Must I lose Font formatting when reapplying style??
=20
I have superscripts (exponents). When I change style of the paragraph =

from=20
Normal to Text they remain. However, if I reapply Text style to the=20
paragraph, the superscripts become normal text. This occurs on the =

second=20
application of all styles EXCEPT Normal. Reapplying Normal retains =

the=20
superscripts. How do I make the other styles act like this and not =

lose=20
character formatting when reapplied?
=20
I am using Word 2002

Al

Thanks.. BUT Text is a paragraph style. It has a ¶ to the right. It is
defined: Normal + Line spacing: at least 14 pt Space befo 6 pt
That is all.
And character formatting (superscript, strikethrogh) are lost on the
second application of the style.

This also occurs with the built in style of Heading. I just tried it
with Heading 6. Applying this style to line of text with superscripts
retains them, BUT reapplying the style causes them to be lost.

Give this a try and let me know if your results are different from mine.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in
:

Hi Al,

"Text" isn't a built.in style. If you loose the superscripts when you
(re)apply it, it's probably a character style?

Character styles have an ª to the right of the style name, paragraph
styles a ¶.