Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott0141 Scott0141 is offline

Default Random cursor

While typing my cusor is randomly jumping to a different place in the
document. It happens after about every 8-10 words typed. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using notebook with a touchpad that serves as a mouse? If so, you
are probably inadvertently touching the pad.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Scott0141" wrote in message
While typing my cusor is randomly jumping to a different place in the
document. It happens after about every 8-10 words typed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott0141 Scott0141 is offline

Thanks Doug,

I have been aware of that possibility, so I have been very careful and it
still jumps randomly. I t only happens in Word. It doesn't happen in
Publisher or PowerPoint.
Any ideas?

"Scott0141" wrote in message
While typing my cusor is randomly jumping to a different place in the
document. It happens after about every 8-10 words typed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What kind of computer do you have? I had a Dell Inspiron and had this
problem. The vibration of typing caused this problem - it even happened when
the fan kicked on. My workaround was to use an external keyboard. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Scott0141" wrote in message
While typing my cusor is randomly jumping to a different place in the
document. It happens after about every 8-10 words typed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott0141 Scott0141 is offline

Thanks Beth,

I have an HP, and I will try another Keyboard and see if there is a difference

"Scott0141" wrote in message
While typing my cusor is randomly jumping to a different place in the
document. It happens after about every 8-10 words typed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another option would be to use an external mouse and to turn the touchpad
off (I could tell you how to do this on most Toshibas, but not on an HP).
Personally, I almost always use an external mouse and keyboard with my
laptop when I have a lot of work to do... fortunately, they fit easily into
my laptop backpacks.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Random Lines Formatting Long Documents 7 September 19th 06 06:33 PM
Random Characters Sue Microsoft Word Help 2 April 25th 06 08:58 PM
Random margin changes Sliwka Page Layout 1 October 7th 05 06:58 PM
Random rules Kurt Ullman Page Layout 2 April 14th 05 10:42 PM
why is my cursor disappearing at random DayStar New Users 1 April 10th 05 11:37 PM