Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Alicia Alicia is offline

Default Automating Word 2007 mail merge?

Cross-posting from Word Programming into Word mailmerge and fax.

"Alicia" wrote:

I am running an SQR process that generates a configuration file (text saved
as .cfg) and a data input file (csv format) and then does a system call to
execute the Word 2007 mail merge process. The Word mail merge process, reads
the coinfguration file to determine where the input file resides, what Word
template to use and where to write the merged output file. This process is
executing on a remote server and has to be invisible to the user with no
manual intervention needed

Creating the file works but the mail merge stops (waiting for interaction)
when it gets to the "Finalize" stage. If I connect to the server it is
executing on and click Finalize, the process requests a "Save As" name. The
macros we currently have working in Word 2003, read the input configuration
file and automatically create the file based on the name setup in the .cfg
file. Is there a setting or something that we can set to make Word 2007
respond the same way as Word 2003.

Thanks,