Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bill Kreuder Bill Kreuder is offline

Default MS Word Asks for Username & Password for SBS 2003

I have a client that keeps getting asked for their username and password to
open a word mail merge template that his house on SBS 2003. It asks for this
3 times and then lets you into the document. The client is using XP Desktop
PCs. I have gone thru all of the usual suspects such as setting automatic
authentication in IE, trusted sites, etc. Any ideas as to what could be
causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Any ideas as to what could be
causing this?

Not really, but assuming this is the only template displaying this problem,
a. is the template connected to a data source, and if so,
b. what type of source, do you know how Word is trying to connect to it
(DDE/OLE DB/ODBC/Other) and where is it?
c. is the data source connected once the new document is open?
d. which version of Word?
e. do others experience the same problem?

If the template is connected to a data source, as a workaround it may be
simpler to disconnect it and ask the user to do the connection after the new
document is created.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk