mummer23

Default How do I stop erasing words when typing in middle of sentance

I am writing a paper for school. When I started out I could go back to the
middle of a sentance and add another word or erase a word without altering
the rest of the text. Now when I try to add a word or correct a word, the
rest of the sentance is replaced with the new text. How do I get it to go
back to the way it was when I started?

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:21:03 -0700, "mummer23"
wrote:

I am writing a paper for school. When I started out I could go back to the
middle of a sentance and add another word or erase a word without altering
the rest of the text. Now when I try to add a word or correct a word, the
rest of the sentance is replaced with the new text. How do I get it to go
back to the way it was when I started?

Press the Insert key (again, since that's how you got into overtype
mode in the first place).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 04:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 11:17 PM
Black line concealing words when typing. Dusty Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 04 07:11 AM
how do I stop words from breaking up in tables Susan Delgado Tables 1 November 3rd 04 06:26 PM