Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
catherine

Default UK dating in date-time picture field

I have an Excel spreadsheet formatted to UK dating (5 April 2006) but in a
mailmerge the date is read the US way and appears 4 May 2006. How can I
change this?. My picture field switch in the Word document reads "dd MMMM
yyyy" and my Excel column is "[$-809]dd mmmm yyyy;@". I have tried copying
the Excel formula into a date-time picture field switch without success.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"catherine" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet formatted to UK dating (5 April 2006) but in a
mailmerge the date is read the US way and appears 4 May 2006. How can I
change this?. My picture field switch in the Word document reads "dd MMMM
yyyy" and my Excel column is "[$-809]dd mmmm yyyy;@". I have tried
copying
the Excel formula into a date-time picture field switch without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Word 2002? - From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the
General tab and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open"
item. Then when you attach the data source to the mail merge main document,
you will be given the option of using the DDE method of connection which
should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

catherine wrote:
I have an Excel spreadsheet formatted to UK dating (5 April 2006) but
in a mailmerge the date is read the US way and appears 4 May 2006.
How can I change this?. My picture field switch in the Word document
reads "dd MMMM yyyy" and my Excel column is "[$-809]dd mmmm yyyy;@".
I have tried copying the Excel formula into a date-time picture field
switch without success.

Darden Darden is offline
Banned

I like to chat with girls while I am isolated. I advise you to use the Internet for this purpose. More precisely, a dating site. Have you already tried to get to know each other in this way? If not, make sure you do. Here you can get acquainted https://ladadate.com/moldovan-brides Good site, I like to use it. That's why I recommend it.