Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Default text box's white margin border cuts through inserted picture

I have a text box with no border and an inserted picture that are positioned
very close together so the text in the text box is snug against the graphic.
A white line cuts through the picture. I thought maybe this was just an
"on-screen" anomaly but found that when printed the same white line is there.
I've tried sending the picture "behind text" which makes the line disappear
but unfortunately the white background of the picture then blocks out the
text. It would appear that this white line is somehow linked to the text box
since it moves when I move the text box. A second white line cuts through the
text box (but does not move with it) and if I hover my cursor over it, the
cursor changes to a double-straight line that extends from one edge of the
screen to the other. Trying to move that line using click and drag proves
impossible. It appears at first to move up or down about 1" but then jumps
back to its original position. What are these lines and how can I get rid of
them.