Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andre

Default Word 2000 ENG crashes when french text/synonym need help.

first, Thanks for any answers.

I have office 2000 pro English version. When i am writing in french, and i
right click on a word to have synonyms of this word, Word crashes with the
common dialog "Word has generated a error ...... " Anyone knows how to fix
this issue. It does not crash when getting synonyms for english words. Only
for French ... ?? Do i need an option pack ? a French dictionary ?

I have googled the problem a bit but only saw problem description, no
resolution ...

--
thanks alot for any help.
Andre.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5kcmU=?=,

I have office 2000 pro English version. When i am writing in french, and i
right click on a word to have synonyms of this word, Word crashes with the
common dialog "Word has generated a error ...... " Anyone knows how to fix
this issue. It does not crash when getting synonyms for english words. Only
for French ... ?? Do i need an option pack ? a French dictionary ?

FWIW, it works here. Do you have the latest Service Packs installed (d/l from
the Microsoft site)? Have you installed all the French proofing tools?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andre

Yes every updates has been installed. I am running on WinXp pro patched, this
issue has been duplicated on more than one machine. All options are
installed, i also installed the "FrProo2k.exe" file, unless there's another
special procedure to install french proofing tools, everything looks fine.

I even reinstalled office and all the patches. Same result. Keyboard layout
is french / Canadian multi-lingual. I don't think it would matter but in case
it does.

Let me know. I have seen some newgroup post relating to the same problem but
there's no solution on any of them.
--
thanks alot.
Andre.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QW5kcmU=?=,

I have office 2000 pro English version. When i am writing in french, and i
right click on a word to have synonyms of this word, Word crashes with the
common dialog "Word has generated a error ...... " Anyone knows how to fix
this issue. It does not crash when getting synonyms for english words. Only
for French ... ?? Do i need an option pack ? a French dictionary ?

FWIW, it works here. Do you have the latest Service Packs installed (d/l from
the Microsoft site)? Have you installed all the French proofing tools?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5kcmU=?=,

Yes every updates has been installed. I am running on WinXp pro patched, this
issue has been duplicated on more than one machine. All options are
installed, i also installed the "FrProo2k.exe" file, unless there's another
special procedure to install french proofing tools, everything looks fine.

I even reinstalled office and all the patches. Same result. Keyboard layout
is french / Canadian multi-lingual. I don't think it would matter but in case
it does.

I'm not familiar with FrPoo2k.exe - where does that come from?

Normally, for Office 2000, I'd have expected you to install the French proofing
tools during Office setup. If this is a third-party tool, the problem could
certainly be with that tool's intergration into Office. Have you tried asking
the manufacturer?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andre

FYI,

This is the link to the French Proofing tool update the "Frpoo2k.exe" from
microsoft.

And yes i did installed the french proofing tools fromt he office
installation.

Any other suggestions ?

--
thanks alot Cindy.
Andre.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QW5kcmU=?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5kcmU=?=,

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...87C-42DB-83A9-
8B489FF12ADF&displaylang=en

This is the link to the French Proofing tool update the "Frpoo2k.exe" from
microsoft.

Thanks for this.

And yes i did installed the french proofing tools fromt he office
installation.

This sounds like a problem in the thesaurus DLL... Has the problem only started
since you installed the update? If you uninstall, download again (in case a
problem occurred during d/l) and re-install does that make any difference?

If not, I can only recommend you ask in the word.spelling.grammar newsgroup, and
hope an MS person drops by. Or contact Microsoft Support directly. If it's a bug
in the software, the cost will be re-imbursed.