Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jef Lee

Default COM Add-In

I have written a COM Add-In that is for Excel, Outlook & Word. I wish to
install and activate this in a terminal server environment. I cannot use the
HKLM registry hive as not everyone will have access to the Add-In. But if I
use HKUsers, not everyone who needs the Add-In is in the HKUsers hive at any
given time.
So, how do I ensure that everyone who needs the Add-In has it registered
against the MS application. Oh, I need to deploy this at one time from one
central point without user interaction. Complicated enough?
I am open to suggestions and guidance.

Thanks.

Jef...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jef,

This is an end-user newsgroup; you'll have much better luck getting a
knowledgeable answer if you ask in the Office.Developer.Com.Add-ins newsgroup.

I have written a COM Add-In that is for Excel, Outlook & Word. I wish to
install and activate this in a terminal server environment. I cannot use the
HKLM registry hive as not everyone will have access to the Add-In. But if I
use HKUsers, not everyone who needs the Add-In is in the HKUsers hive at any
given time.
So, how do I ensure that everyone who needs the Add-In has it registered
against the MS application. Oh, I need to deploy this at one time from one
central point without user interaction. Complicated enough?
I am open to suggestions and guidance.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jef Lee

Thanks Cindy,

I'm new to the discussion group scene and telling where to go is the best
answer.

Jef...

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jef,

I'm new to the discussion group scene and telling where to go is the best
answer.

Welcome, then :-)

And a tip, in that case: it's usually a good idea to read a small sampling
of posts in a group before asking a question. This will give you an idea
whether the group is relevant to your need, if it's active, and what the
"culture" of it is (polite, provocative, "dev short-speak", etc.)

Cindy Meister