Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny_NG

Default Column Limit

Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Use Excel.

Ginny_NG wrote:
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Put two tables side by side.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny_NG

Oh sure, find the easy way out!! LOL!! Sorry, but I have to use Word for
this project.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Use Excel.

Ginny_NG wrote:
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny_NG

Yeah, I thought of that...but it's a last resort. I was hoping there was
some secret that would allow me to up the number of columns.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put two tables side by side.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Sorry, but no. The limit is fixed.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Yeah, I thought of that...but it's a last resort. I was hoping there was
some secret that would allow me to up the number of columns.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put two tables side by side.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Excel lets you have up to 256 columns, and you can copy and paste
special as a picture into Word. The result is not editable in
Word, so you need to save the Excel file in case you need to edit
the contents, but the picture will be a faithful replica of what
you see in Excel.

Ginny_NG wrote:

Oh sure, find the easy way out!! LOL!! Sorry, but I have to use Word for
this project.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Use Excel.

Ginny_NG wrote:

Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny_NG

Bummer. I'm always trying to make Word to things that it won't do!! Thanks
for trying!!

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Yeah, I thought of that...but it's a last resort. I was hoping there was
some secret that would allow me to up the number of columns.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put two tables side by side.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a way around the 63 column limit in a table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe Word 2007 may permit more columns, but that remains to be seen
(and would presumably not be backward compatible).

news

"Ginny_NG" wrote in message
Yeah, I thought of that...but it's a last resort. I was hoping there

was
some secret that would allow me to up the number of columns.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put two tables side by side.

--
Enjoy,