Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nettiem nettiem is offline

Default Editing Recipients in Word 2007 Mail Merge

We just updated our Office from 2000 to 2007 and are having trouble with our
mail merges. Is it possible to open the main merge document and from there
open and edit the data source? The data sources are Word tables and we are
sort of able to get to the tables by highlighting the data source and
clicking on edit, but View Source is grayed out and even if we change the
receipient information in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box it won't let
us save the changes. It askes if we want to save them and then tells us they
are read only. View source always worked well before and it is pretty
necessary since some of our fields are multiple lines (i.e. address, city,
state and zip in one field).