Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Bradley Brian Bradley is offline

Default Newsgroup for Office/Word 2007?

I prefer using Vista's Windows Mail or Outlook Express to read newsgroups.
(I don't like Web-based forums or newsgroups.)

Can anyone recommend a newsgroup for Word 2007 only, or Office 2007 only?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There are no NGs specifically for Office 2007. Those who run the NGs made
this decision based on the fact that we hadn't had separate ones for
previous versions of Word, overlooking the fact that O2007 is so different
from previous versions. So you just post in whatever Word NG is appropriate
for the type of problem (.pagelayout, .formatting.longdocs, .numbering,
etc.).

"Brian Bradley" brian[HYPHEN]bradley[WHERE]cox.net wrote in message
I prefer using Vista's Windows Mail or Outlook Express to read newsgroups.
(I don't like Web-based forums or newsgroups.)

Can anyone recommend a newsgroup for Word 2007 only, or Office 2007 only?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

msnews.microsoft.com

You can turn off the Community feature when you set it up in Windows Mail/OE
if you like (often broken anyway).

You won't find any Word/Office 2007-only newsgroups there, but you will find
the largest concentration of Microsoft MVPs responding to Word/Office
questions in the microsoft.public.word.* and microsoft.public.office.*
newsgroups (there are some MSoft employees who hang out here, too, but only
on their own time, as I understand it). Most of the MVPs access these groups
using OE, WM, or some other newsreader, rather than using the browser-based
methods.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Brian Bradley" brian[HYPHEN]bradley[WHERE]cox.net wrote in message
I prefer using Vista's Windows Mail or Outlook Express to read newsgroups.
(I don't like Web-based forums or newsgroups.)

Can anyone recommend a newsgroup for Word 2007 only, or Office 2007 only?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman[_2_] Jay Freedman[_2_] is offline

Brian,

Also, I'm sure this is obvious to you, but for the benefit of anyone else
reading he If you're asking a question about Office 2007 in these
newsgroups, be sure to mention that fact in your original post. Trying to
answer for both 2007 and earlier versions when it isn't clear which one
applies makes for very convoluted answers.

--
Jay Freedman