Posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Aldwinckle Robert Aldwinckle is offline

Default Help? I can't copy and paste web address since downloading IE7 -

(cross-post added to Word Newusers)
"Jankf" wrote in message
SOLUTION FOUND!!!!

In IE 7 you can only copy a web address by right clicking the mouse and
using "copy."

Your use of the word "only" here makes your statement incorrect.
For example, links can also be copied from IE7 by dragging them.
Open a maximized WordPad window to see this.

What happens to them then in Word would depend on what
that program does with such drag-and-dropped links.
Perhaps it does what OE does--creates a .URL attachment?
Or perhaps doing a right-click drag-and drop would get you
a different effect? Etc.

You may get a more informed answer from a newsgroup
which specializes in Word since I suspect it has more to do
with your problem than IE7. Cross-posting for convenience.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

You then go to the empty box and right click "paste." The web
address will appear. I knew there HAD to be a simple solution.

Jankf wrote:
I often copy and paste web addresses onto a WORD page or from a WORD page
onto the web. The words "copy" and "paste" are both grayed out so I cannot
copy and paste. This has just happened since I downloaded IE 7. I am very
frustrated. I tried to email a question through the Windows help section
but
got the message I would have to pay. Since the problem happened because I
updated AS RECOMMENDED, then I should not have to pay to get help. Thank
you
to anyone who knows the solution. Jan

Select all, copy and paste doesn't copy the header Jmill Microsoft Word Help 3 January 18th 07 10:32 PM
Word's doesn't automatically paste address in label address anymor ScottL Microsoft Word Help 1 November 8th 06 10:52 AM
copy and paste schabnam Microsoft Word Help 0 April 18th 06 07:32 PM
Copy Paste Art Microsoft Word Help 3 May 16th 05 07:47 PM
How do I get copy/paste to copy/paste text and not the whole page Carol J. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 05 09:03 PM