Desparate Word user

Default section page numbers in heading and total page number in footing

In a document with different sections I want to add the number of section
pages in the header and the total number of pages of the document in the
footing. This seems to give a conflict. As soon as I add in the footer the
total number of pages of the document, the pagenumber of the section in the
header also changes to the total number of pages of the document.
Barb Reinhardt

Read this

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

and see if it helps at all.

I've done some section numbering to have A-1, A-2, A-3 in section A, B-1,
B-2, B-3, in section B and I found it to be rather cumbersome. Have at it!
I'm not sure how you'd keep a running total of the number of pages in each
section, however.

"Desparate Word user" Desparate Word wrote
in message ...
In a document with different sections I want to add the number of section
pages in the header and the total number of pages of the document in the
footing. This seems to give a conflict. As soon as I add in the footer the
total number of pages of the document, the pagenumber of the section in
the
header also changes to the total number of pages of the document.

lar

Desparate Word User,
I have also created a WORD doc. with 5 sections. I want the page numbers to
be (for each Section) 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ..., 2.1 , 2.2 , 2.3 , .... and so on
for each section. WERE YOU able to find a solution. APPRECIATE YOU HELP.
Thank You......