Boo Radley 401

Default Paragraph symbols and space dots (and my hatred thereof)

While typing a word document, my office helper suddenly appeared and changed
my document so that paragraph symbols appear with ever new paragraph and dots
for spaces appear between every word. I hate them with a white hot hatred.
Any ideas how I can get rid of them?
Pat Garard

G'Day Boo,

On the Standard Toolbar, there is a button that looks like: [¶]

Clicking this repeatedly will 'toggle' the display of those
characters on/off.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Boo Radley 401" Boo Radley wrote in message
While typing a word document, my office helper suddenly appeared and changed
my document so that paragraph symbols appear with ever new paragraph and dots
for spaces appear between every word. I hate them with a white hot hatred.
Any ideas how I can get rid of them?

Jay Freedman

Boo Radley 401 wrote:
While typing a word document, my office helper suddenly appeared and
changed my document so that paragraph symbols appear with ever new
paragraph and dots for spaces appear between every word. I hate them
with a white hot hatred. Any ideas how I can get rid of them?

Take a long cold drink, and maybe some antacids... and click the ¶ button on
the toolbar, or press Ctrl+*.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,