sirinerak

Default Square root sign

How do I show the square root sign?
Jay Freedman

sirinerak wrote:
How do I show the square root sign?

Several ways:

- You can use Insert Symbol (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm). If you're working in
a Unicode font such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Lucida, you'll find the
square root symbol ("radical") in the Mathematical Operators subset.

- Type 221A in your document and press Alt+X. (This works only in recent
versions of Word.)

- Insert an EQ field with the \r() switch. For example, the square root of 3
will be displayed by the result of the field
{ EQ \r(3) }

- Use the Equation Editor. If it isn't available in the Insert Object
dialog, you'll need to go through the Office installer to add it (it's under
Office Tools in the Custom installation).

Now, can you tell me why you posted this question in the Tables newsgroup?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

sirinerak

Thanks for the information.

I'm creating a document and in one of the paragraphs I was going to type in
a formula. I thought that it would be better to have the sign instead of the
whole word. I mean, it's easier to explain a formula sometimes, when people
can see symbols instead of words.