Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Milovan Milovan is offline

Default page number background color

Page number in the header of a document displays with a grey background. I
have tried to remove it by removing the highlight color, but it did not help.
Also, when I send the document to my colleague, the background of the page
number dissapears. This only happens in documents when opened in MS Word on
my computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The page number is a type of field, and what you are seeing is the
field shading. To turn it off: on the Tools menu, click Options. Click
the View tab. At "Field shading," choose "Never."

Note, however, that field shading doesn't print; it just helps you
identify fields in a document, which can be useful.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Milovan" wrote in message
Page number in the header of a document displays with a grey

background. I
have tried to remove it by removing the highlight color, but it did

not help.
Also, when I send the document to my colleague, the background of

the page
number dissapears. This only happens in documents when opened in MS

Word on
my computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline