Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GailD

Default How do you save a mail merge label document as JUST a label doc?

I am doing a mail merge in Word 2003. It works fine, HOWEVER, I want to keep
the file so that when I open it, I don't have to go through the mail merge
process all over again. I just want a file of labels with my addresses in
it. Is this possible? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Execute the merge to a new document and save that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"GailD" wrote in message
I am doing a mail merge in Word 2003. It works fine, HOWEVER, I want to
keep
the file so that when I open it, I don't have to go through the mail merge
process all over again. I just want a file of labels with my addresses in
it. Is this possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GailD

Default How do you save a mail merge label document as JUST a label do

Thank you for the quick response, however, this didn't work. It only gives
me one name on the page (there are supposed to be at least 2 pages of names).
I have also tried using the icon on the Mail Merge toolbar to change the
document to a Normal Word Document. This gives me a full page of names (but
only one) and leaves blank lines (where there is no address2). That would be
fine if it gave me all the names on my list. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

"GailD" wrote in message
I am doing a mail merge in Word 2003. It works fine, HOWEVER, I want to
keep
the file so that when I open it, I don't have to go through the mail merge
process all over again. I just want a file of labels with my addresses in
it. Is this possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When in your original post you said that "it works fine", what did you mean?
If it worked fine merging to the printer, it will work fine merging to a new
document.

Maybe it doesn't work at all in which case you should take a look at:

"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

and make sure that you have followed ALL of the steps.