Can I add page numbers manually?

Old April 26th 05, 06:54 PM
Susy

Default Can I add page numbers manually?

I'm having problems with section breaks and page numbers. The page numbers
are continuous until page 17 and then they start over at page 1. I want the
numbering to continue: 18, 19, and so on... Any suggestions?
Old April 26th 05, 06:59 PM
Daiya Mitchell

View | Header/Footer, click on the Format Page Number icon on the H/F
toolbar (with a hand and #). Set page numbers to continue from previous
section.

If that doesn't work, when you post back, state your version.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old April 26th 05, 07:14 PM
Susy

It is WIndows XP Professional. It still has the same problem. There is a
Table and something called a "section break (continuous)" I believe this to
be the problem.

Old April 26th 05, 07:31 PM

Daiya has given you the answer. The numbering currently set to restart in
each section. You need to change it to "Continue from previous section." And
Windows XP Professional is not a version of Word.

On 4/26/05 10:54 AM, "Susy" wrote:

I'm having problems with section breaks and page numbers. The page

numbers
are continuous until page 17 and then they start over at page 1. I

want the
numbering to continue: 18, 19, and so on... Any suggestions?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/