Stopping automatic bullet formatting when formatting is turned off

Old December 21st 04, 04:53 PM
SolcorpianWriter

Default Stopping automatic bullet formatting when formatting is turned off

I've already turned off the automatic formatting for bullets option. When I
start a new bullet list, word adds bullets to every single line in my
document - including headings. When this happens, I press undo and all
bullets are deleted except the one I wanted to insert.

I know this is some type of automatic formatting, but I've turned off
everything that seems to be associated with automatic bullets.

I'm working on Word 2003. I don't remember ever having this problem with
previous versions.
Old December 21st 04, 06:12 PM
Charles Kenyon

This is an AutoCorrect setting.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"SolcorpianWriter" wrote in
message ...

Old December 23rd 04, 07:25 AM
petunia

I also have this problem when I change bullet symbols. I've turned off
automatic reformatting and unticked everything remotely relevant in
AutoCorrect. My problem differs in that pressing undo doesn't retain the one
I wanted to insert. Just can't do it at all!